Monday, October 7, 2013

Pregnancy Journey Begins (4.5 weeks) July 23, 2013

Pre-pregnancy, I thought I would blog about pregnancy and give updates so my friends and family that don't live around here could follow along...well it's been 15 weeks...and here I am starting my first pregnancy post. Luckily I wrote a few notes down each week about how I was feeling at that time. Not sure where this will take me, or how (un)original it will be, I just wanted something to look back on in the future...so here goes...without further adieu...pregnancy from the beginning:

On July 22 I was feeling a little "off" I would say. Just not 100% like myself. I told Tyler and I'm not sure he really thought I was serious. Little did we know, it was the last day our lives would really be the same! The next morning I decided to take a pregnancy test. I woke up really early that day and took it as soon as I woke up (impatient much?). Well there was no mistaking those two pink lines-I instantly ran into the bedroom to wake Tyler up-turned on the light and told him I had something to show him. I'm not sure if he was in shock or still half asleep because it took a few seconds for him to process. At any rate we are super exciting to be welcoming out first baby into our family around March 29, 2014! We are so thankful for this wonderful blessing and can't wait for everything that comes along with being parents!

How I knew: Major tenderness in breasts and dizziness (which only happened one time); the dizziness threw me off because I never get a dizzy feeling on a normal basis...this was on July 22-I took the test the very next morning.

How many tests: It seems like most of my friends/family I have talked to took multiple tests, for some reason I didn't feel the need. Possibly because those two little pink lines showed up before I could even process what I was doing.

How I'm feeling: Besides anxious and excited and the symptoms mentioned above, I didn't have a lot of symptoms this week. I was feeling a little nauseous every once and a while. Sleeping great still. Definitely get more and more tired as the day progresses.

Appetite: Still pretty normal. No cravings just yet.

Baby: Size of a poppy seed

No comments:

Post a Comment