Monday, February 4, 2013

Living Room Update

It has been quite a bit of time since my last post. I have not been a very good blogger lately...to catch up with everything let me start with: Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! HA, I know I am so late on this but I hope everyone had a wonderul holiday season!!

I decided a few weeks back to order some fabrics for several different projects I had in mind. One being the living room. I ordered this awesome fabric (from fabric.com) with the a goal to make some new pillows to update the living room. I got around to making the pillows last week and can not be happier with how they turned out!!

Living room fabrics


I love these fabrics together and can't wait to get everything put together. For now, I am so happy with how my couches are looking!

What do you think of the fabric?
 
One more major update is...we FINALLY got a mantel! I am really so excited about having a mantel. When we moved in the house there was nothing on this bare old fireplace. I updated the brick with a chocolate brown color last year, you can see all the details here.  But, we still never had a mantel!
Last month, my friend and I went to Scott's Antique Show and I found a mantel that I thought would be perfect for our living room. The one they had there was just a little longer than what we needed so they built a custom one for me! They came and installed it last Thursday!!
 (Sorry for the crooked picture)
 
 
 
 
Couldn't be happier with it! Georgia Woodworks(Fayetteville, GA) made it for me. They did a great job!  

No comments:

Post a Comment