Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stay Focused...

I have decided that each week I will focus on a different room (or every two weeks, however long that particular room may take). The first "focus" is going to be the Kitchen. I think this has been my main focus since the beginning! When we bought the house we knew the kitchen (along with many other rooms) would need some help. First plan of action for me was the cabinets!! Where did I turn for inspiration?? None other than Pinterest. Our cabinets needed a little love, to say the least! They most definitely needed an update and after some thought, I decided a cream color would be perfect!


Here is a picture of our cabinets before...



Straight  from the 1960's :)

First, we had to sand...and sand...and sand! So we wiped down the cabinets and I began sanding away!! I have lots of pictures of the cabinets so here are some from after we sanded..




Next step was to prime, this was pretty easy; we just took a cabinet roller and primed everything!


Finally, it was time to paint! I chose "antique white" by Behr. I LOVE this color. In fact, it has found a home in several places in our house now!! We had to give the cabinets two good coats, so it took quite a few days from beginning to end.





Macy and I painting!



And for the finishing touches...we spray painted the knobs with an Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint!
I am so happy with our finished product (not the best pictures)! The kitchen is still a work in progress, but we are definitely one step closer!!

 

2 comments: