Tuesday, March 26, 2013

DIY: Coffee table/ottoman upcycle

Let me start by saying I am so happy that I finished this DIY project!! I have been waiting to get around to it for various reasons and am so excited that it is now complete! When I found this coffee table at a local thrift store a few months back I couldn't wait to try and turn it in to something great like all these pictures I have been pinning!



So this is where the project began...when I scored this not-so-awesome table for $26 wanting to make it in to something awesome!

A few fabric samples, some cutting (courtesy of my awesome hubby), foam, upholstery batting, paint and sand paper later; we have ourselves an ottoman/coffee table. It turned out pretty big so it doesn't really seem like an ottoman and I'm not 100% sure on what I should call it yet. We are happy with it nonetheless! Yay for another successful DIY!

Macy sneaks in all the pictures...check out her creepin' in the painting pic below..

Living room fabrics.
Painting!







Before and After


P.S. Don't mind the rug...there will be a new one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment