Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election...

I have withheld these past few weeks from voicing political beliefs or from stating my opinion on any social media sites. I know that everyone has a right to voice their opinion but, I think that people should stay informed and learn through their own knowledge rather than reading peoples' personal opinions on Facebook.

Last night was hard to swallow, to say the very least. I have been so tired of seeing peoples' political standpoints for the past couple weeks that I thought I would be happy it was over. Wrong! Reading WHY people voted for our president last night made me truly feel sick to my stomach.

Although I have not lived in a country that currently practices the kind of health care we are headed towards, my husband has. It truly breaks my heart to think that in a few short years we could have children living under this as well. I could not imagine my child breaking their arm and having to wait weeks for care. For all the health care professionals that worked so hard to get their degrees and to be informed to take care of us...why should they have to take a pay cut?? There are so many viewpoints that I disagree with, this one is just standing out a lot right now!

I just have to remember that ultimately my God is in control! That is truly so comforting to say out loud!
This verse is more comforting than ever right now...

"Know that the Lord works wonders for the faithful; the Lord hears when I call out." Psalms 4:4

We just have to remember that the Lord will take care of us! This election will not change my faith! I am still going to work hard for everything I have and I know that my family and I will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment